Friday, April 03, 2009

f. is for facebook



so it has been ages since i blogged last. i think i have been giving myself time to decide what and how i am going to do this.
Yesterday I deleted my Facebook profile. It is something that i have been wanting to do for ages. i get no benefit from Facebook. So i can see what my friends have been up to and they can follow me (usually by other people putting up photos), but it is all passive. I chatted to my cousin the other day and we realised that we actually had not communicated in months. Yet, we felt like we had been connecting because we had been following eachother on facebook. that is not communication.

facebook is too easy and that makes it not special. if i get a "happy birthday" from someone on facebook i basically ignore it. It is easy when facebook tells you these things. there is no thought behind it.

So now i am going to blog and email and phone and text. if people want to know what i am up to they can log onto this blog or see my photos on picassa or just email me.
Facebook is dead to me.

2 comments:

po said...

Hmm, I always forget to open Facebook these days, except that my sister uses it to email me for some weird reason. I doubt I will bother to delete it though, cos I reckon in about 10 years time I will wonder what everyone is up to again! Nice blog! I will probably be stalking you here from now on.

tracy straughan said...

yay troye! missing real communication