Wednesday, April 08, 2009

oh, for some time

Since doing Ironman about a month ago, I have been flat out: exams to write, meetings to facilitate and stuff. Only this week have I managed to get some down time. Just in time for Easter.
And you know what I find myself doing:
Filling up my days with all the things that I want to do. I just want to chill and have a few weeks of doing nothing but there is a part of me that just doesn't allow that. I want to run faster, cycle harder, do pilates, start an art course, edit more video, spend time with my wife, train for the the Avon decent and spend time with my friends. All in just 7 days a week. Damn it! Where is the time to see the movies that I want to watch and take the dogs for a walk and have a quite dinner and walk on the beach and just tidy the garden!
And I have to work as well.

I have to let some of this go. I cannot acheive all that and be chilled. Or maybe I just have to be chilled and do it all anyway. Or maybe I just need to take it one day at a time.
My stratagy is to start doing one thing at a time. I am going to to a Drawing Class on Thurday evenings for the next 6 weeks. If I can handle that I will add in the next thing to the schedual. So instead of doing everything all at once, I will fill in my days one at a time.

(as I am writing this I am thinking of all the stuff I would like to do and that i do do, that I have not written in the list above - crazy life)

thanks for listening.

4 comments:

tracy said...

iwish i had your motivation and energy!!!

tell me what you thought of NZ and how did gramp seem to you?

Megan Kerr said...

It's the Protestant work ethic & it's a bitch. I ended up having to create a separate "do nothing" goal... or put things like "long relaxing walk" or "soak in the bath" on my To Do lists.

po said...

Gosh, you have a lot of ambition, I am struggling for time to do all the things I want too, but my list is about half as long as yours!

tracy straughan said...

soooo..... how is your 'one thing at a time' going? i bet you havent slowed down one bit! lol
missing you as always. love to the family